TRIP TO MY VILLAGE

 

Trashigang, Bhutan. 💜

How do you feel when you visit your village after three long years? Anyone would feel excited to go to visit their families and hometown after so long. I felt the same when I visited my hometown after three long years, and I couldn’t miss the boat to meet my grandmother. When I crossed the beautiful, crowdy Trashigang town, I admired the beautiful nature which was filled with trees and fields. The culture was still the same, the old traditional houses, people welcoming us warm-heartedly. I also saw how much my village has developed since the last time I visited here.

First of all, my village was always a beautiful landscape and nature to admire, since it’s filled with trees and varieties of flowers. It has been three long years since I last visited my village, but the eye-catching varieties of flowers, the vegetation, and the beautiful landscapes never fail to amaze me. The paddy fields and the majestic ‘Melong Brak’ (The Mirror Cliff) was pretty scary to look at, since the cliff was very steep. The road leading to my hometown was very narrow, and it takes around 2-3 days to reach to my village by car or either a bus.(A long exhausting trip)

As soon as I reached at my village, I was amazed by the unique cultures of my hometown. The villagers welcomed us warm-heartedly by offering butter, cheese, and the locally made alcohol(Ara). The villagers even give money to the kids who had visited for the first time or after a decade(very long time). After we reached there, the villagers celebrated our visit by doing the traditional dances such as Boedra, and Zhungdra. Even the people of Merak Sakteng joined us by wearing their unique traditional dresses made from yak wool, which was very mesmerizing!

 After that, when I was walking around my village, I saw a vast change and some developmental activities being carried out in my hometown. Such as, some street lights were put on for 24-hours to have better view/sight for the night drivers, and for the villagers who walk at night as well. Even the water was supplied continuously for 24-hours, and the network(internet) connection was also better than before. Suddenly, I realized that even the roads were in better conditions, and they also made BHU(Basic Health Unit), since the hospital was quite far from the village and people had trouble during emergencies.

 Visiting your beloved hometown after three long years is indeed an amazing experience. The trip was a very long and exhausting one, but I couldn’t miss the golden opportunity to visit my grandmother, and to learn more about the unique culture of my village. I was very thankful for their warm welcome when we reached there, and I was on cloud nine when I saw the traditional dances being performed elegantly. The developmental activities brought a lot of changes and made the work easier for the villagers. If I had not visited my village, I would’ve missed the opportunity to learn about my unique culture, the development of my hometown, and the beautiful landscape of Trashigang.

THANK YOU!!! 👍💖

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smile